Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mom's Coin Quilt

Mom has been kind of hinting that all the quilts that I make go to other people, and I think she wanted one of her own. Well, I decided to surprise her for her birthday with an adorable yellow coin quilt. I chose yellow for many reasons.... 1. My mom sits in a rocking chair in their dining area and watches TV and uses her laptop, their kitchen is yellow 2. When I was growing up yellow was my favorite color 3. It is such a sunshiny happy color to sew!

So I have had this quilt completed for about a month now, but I finally got to give it to my mom tonight! So here are pictures of the little yellow coin quilt.


This is the front and the back. Each yellow rectangle is 1.5x3.5 with 2 inch white sashing. Each row of yellow has 18 different yellow prints, doubled for 36 coins per row. I did "stitch in the ditch" for each row to quilt it.

Here is a picture of the back and binding up close...


I just love the back fabric! It looks like yellow bubbles!

I think mom really liked her quilt :) Happy Birthday Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment