Monday, April 13, 2009

Stephanie's Quilt

Stephanie's Quilt is a gorgeous reminder of her sorority days at UNC-Chapel Hill.

Here it is laid out on a Queen Sized Bed.



Here's a look at part of the process that goes into making these quilts...

I stabilize and cut each back with a rotary cutter.

Ta Da! One block ready to be sewn! Only 25 more to go...

For this quilt, I didn't have quite enough shirts to make the size Stephanie wanted so I was able to take the pocket designs off of her shirts and combine them with solid shirt colors to make more blocks!


I added these blocks along with the 26 others to make a nice Queen Size quilt top.


Then, I make a "quilt sandwich": quilt top, batting, and UNC fabric (for the back). I then machine quilt around each square.  Here's a little look at me quilting along...

Finally, I add the binding around the edges and its ready to go!

And here it is bundled up and ready to go!


Here is Stephanie loving her new quilt!

 



Another satisfied customer :)

2 comments:

  1. these are all awesome courtney! what a neat idea =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this! I wish I would have saved all of John's old shirts, he would have LOVED something like this! I guess I can start now!

    ReplyDelete